Current Engineering Project
I keep this engineering notebook more for my own use more than for any other reason. It's invaluable when trying to find a solution to a problem I know I've solved before. You are welcome to browse though it to see what it takes to build a SETI station a Cosmic Ray detector or a replacement brain component..
You can access earlier chapters from the main menu (Engineering | Notebook) or use the custom search below.Google Search of SETI Net
Volume 14 Chapter 77
444 - Delphi Frame - 2020-03-27
I can never remember how to build a new Delphi frame and add it to a project. Here is the recipe.
- Start a new project and get it running
- Then start a new frame with: File | New | Other | Delphi Individual Files | VCL Frame (This takes a few seconds so cool your jets)
- A new unit will appear in your Project. Rename it to something memorable like 'uTestFrame'
- Change the frames form to something memorable like 'TestFrame' and SaveAll | Close All
The to get the new frame in the palette do
- File | Open and navigate to the uTestFrame.pas file Open it
- Now with the blank frame form showning Right Click | Add To Pallette
- Then Change the Component name to something like TTestFrame (leave the leading T) and use 'Standard' for the palette page
- OK and your done
The new frame can be added to a project like anyother component
443 - Damn Caps Lock key - 2020-01-08
What were they thinking to allow this abomination to live on my keyboard. The only reason I can think to use it would be to scream at Trumpy over Twitter and I try not to do that as much now days.
This REG file will defeat Caps Lock on Windows 10.